Lyman-Morse Technologies’ partner division, Lyman-Morse Fabrication, holds a variety of industry and quality certifications, including through ISO9001:2015, American Welding Society, and the American Society for Non-destructive Testing, among others. Here are some details about Lyman-Morse Fabrication’s certifications.
ISO9001:2015 is an internationally recognized quality management system. Lyman-Morse Fabrication is committed to providing our customers with an exceptional experience and ISO9001:2015 offers assurance of this commitment through regular third-party audits.
LMF earned ISO9001:2015 certification in November 2019, after extensive preparation and a week-long audit. The certification provides objective proof that the business has implemented policies and procedures that satisfy all the requirements of a comprehensive quality management system. Following the standard as prescribed by ISO and subsequently verified by Perry Johnson Registrars (PJR), the firm that conducted the audit, LMF was able to earn this highly coveted award.
“ISO9001 is the gold standard for quality management systems,” said LMF manager Jonathan Egan. “Our customers come to us due to our commitment to a superlative product and process. The certification provides the proof that we are operating on the highest levels of quality.”
The certification allows the company to expand further into federal, municipal and defense industries, all of which are already components of LMF’s business. LMF is certified for three years during which internal audits are taken and submitted to PJR. LMF is also subject to unannounced audits.
American Welding Society (AWS)
Our fabrication shop and welders hold a variety of certifications from the American Welding Society (AWS), including the following:
- D1.1 Structural Steel (FCAW, SMAW & GTAW)
- D1.2 Structural Aluminum (GMAW & GTAW on 5000 and 6000 series aluminum)
- D1.3 Sheet Metal (GTAW & FCAW)
- D1.6 Structural Stainless (FCAW & GTAW)
- D1.9 Structural Titanium (GTAW)
American Society for Non-destructive Testing (ASNT)
- Four (4) in-house certified NDT inspectors
- ASME IX certified shop and welders in steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- Certified shop and welders to MIL SPEC: S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248
- 2 In-house AWS CWI’s (Certified Welding Inspectors)
- 1 In-house AWS CWE (Certified Welding Educator)
- AISC compliant
- MSHA (Mine Safety & Health Administration) certified
- SHARP certified